- You’ll be part of the development team where you help build the backend of the POM platform.
- You’ll be working on system architecture, project structure, workflows, performance, security, …
- In addition to the daily development tasks, you will also be responsible for the analysing functional needs and translating these into a strong technical solution.
- You’ll work closely with the CTO who acts as your sparring partner.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT or Computer Science.
- You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience as a backend developer.
- You are passionate about new tools and technologies and are willing to share your knowledge with the team.
- You monitor the quality of technical implementations and programming work.
- You excel at transforming functional analyses into technical design and neat bug-free code.
- Thanks to your analytical skills, you can easily identify problems and solve them creatively.
- During stand-ups you share your brutally honest opinion and adapt if necessary.
- You ensure that the code you write is properly documented.
- You are able to commit to projects for the longer term.
In addition to that, you master the following skills.
- You have extensive knowledge of Java
- You know what to do with REST APIs
- You understand how unit testing (JUnit / Spock, TDD) works and can apply it
- You have knowledge of JPA (Hibernate) and MySQL.
Finally, you score bonus points if you know about:
- Groovy / Grails
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Continuous Integration.
- You’ll join a dynamic growth company in the center of Antwerp. POM’s office space is located in Startup Village – the heart of the start-ups & scale-ups scene in Antwerp.
- We offer you an exciting and varied job in the rapidly changing fintech sector.
- You can work as an employee or on a freelance basis. We’ll provide a competitive compensation package.
- You can work from home or – covid proof – at the office.
- On a regular basis we organize after work activities with the entire team: from cozy team lunches to the yearly Christmas dinner and the annual ski trip.